a fresh pack of crayons gets a sweet little home...
without a full tutorial... here are some of the details and measurements to help you make your own crayon roll-up...
- made for 16 beeswax block crayons and 24 beeswax stick crayons (these are a bit thicker than standard stick crayons)
- two pieces of fabric, each 14" x 25"
- sewn first around the edge with right sides facing, leaving a small space to pull the fabric through to turn it right side out
- after ironing to create a crisp edge, edges sewn again to make a nice finish
- block side: fabric folded up just a bit over 1 1/2", then pockets sewn 1 1/2" apart
- stick side: fabric folded about 2", then pockets sewn 1" apart
- use a seam ripper to open a spot on one of the short ends for the tie. tuck in the tie (i used a tie about 25" long, folded it half, and tucked the folded edge in the open seam) then sew the tie in
a satisfying sight... roll it up and off you go!